If you’re thinking about changing jobs, you need to consider what skills you will need to succeed in your new role. We’ve put together a list of the top 10 skills that employers look for when hiring someone new.
Top 10 skills that employers Look
- Ability to verbally communicate with persons inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in a team structure.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Ability to obtain and process information.
- Ability to analyze quantitative data.
- Technical knowledge related to the job.
- Proficiency with computer software programs.
- Ability to create and/or edit written reports.
- Ability to sell or influence others.
You Need A Good Education.
There are two main reasons why having a good education is so important. First, it helps you learn how to think critically. Second, it gives you the opportunity to develop your career path.
You Should Be Able To Work Hard And Show Results.
If you’re not sure whether you have the right skills for a particular job, then you need to find out. This means doing some research into the industry and the company you’d like to work for. It’s also worth checking out online forums where people discuss their experiences at different companies.
You Must Be Willing To Learn New Skills.
There are lots of ways to learn new skills. One of the easiest ways is by taking an online course. These courses usually last between one and three months, so you won’t have to worry about finding the time to fit them in. Another option is to take part in a training program. Many employers offer these programs as part of their employee benefits package.
You Should Be Self-Motivated.
If you’re looking to change career paths, you need to be self-motivated. This means that you need to be able to work hard without being told to do so. It also means that you need to enjoy learning new things.
You Should Be Passionate About The Industry.
You should be passionate about the industry you choose to enter. If you aren’t, then you will not be motivated enough to succeed.
So, what’s holding you back from finding your true passion in life? Talk to our expert career mentors at Dheya and get started on the path to discovering what you were meant to do!