April 15, 2021
Why Travelling is good for you
As a bit of an introvert myself, neither I liked going out too much to public places or places where too many people gather nor I realised the importance of travelling. But after living, studying & working outside my home city, I really got a new appreciation for different places, cultures and people and literally witnessed the importance of travelling. I learned to get outside of my comfort zone and learn how to interact & make friends with people from different countries, and cultures, talking with locals, walking through the cities & taking public transport made me really feel like I was part of the fabric of those places, going about my day just like the people who have lived there all their lives.
Thus, I decided to make you guys understand the importance of travelling.
Importance of Travelling:
- It will help improve your communication & social skills.
- Creating a completely different daily routine.
- Meeting people from different cultures & places will help broaden your mind.
- It will give you the confidence to know that you can travel to places you don’t know anyone and have never been to.
- You will have interesting experiences, meet some incredible people and make unforgettable memories through your travels.
- Travelling has been proven to be very good for your health, from cutting down stress, having to do more physical activity to helping with depression and anxiety, Travelling can help both your physical and mental health.
- Having stories and experiences to tell your social circles as well as people you might meet in the future, travelling makes you more interesting as a person.
- Another reason you should travel is to get a better appreciation for your home and your daily life as being away from home will definitely make you miss it.
I would like to end here with a quote by Mark Twain:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
Thus, I would encourage all of you to understand the importance of travelling & explore the beauty of the world.
Written by Varun Kukday
– Dheya Alumnus
Leave A Comment